Monday, March 17, 2008

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!

Sorry I have been MIA from the blogger world for the last few weeks! It's been a busy few weeks filled with softball! So, let me see if I can update you on a few things in our lives right now!

49 DAYS TO GO!! 7 Weeks!! Addison will be here soon! There's so much to do!

Here's me at 32 Weeks, 5 Days Pregnant!

Well, I am doing good, just getting bigger and more uncomfortable. My feet and ankles are almost always swollen now; however, I now have some fashionable flip flops to wear. I told Mom that I was looking for some flops that I could wear for most likely the rest of my pregnancy. Well, she and Dad went and bought me a pair of Yellowbox flip flops and mailed them to me. So, on Monday morning at work, I got a surprise package! Aren't they great! (You can see a bit of my swelling in this picture!)




Also, Mom surprised me again... She booked a flight last night to come visit me March 27-29! I am so excited! We will be able to get lots of things done to get ready for Addison!


I went to the doctor on Friday, and everything is going well. Addison's little heartbeat was nice and strong at 148 bpm. She is still head down on my right side. My blood pressure was a bit high at first (140/70), but after taking it again at the end of the appointment, it was at 126/60. So, they said that we will just start watching it more closely. I'd gained 4 pounds in the last two weeks, not going to give you a number, but let's just say, I am a good 8-10 pounds heavier than my skinny husband now!


I waddle just about all the time now. LOL! Getting up from the chair and from bed is definitely a chore, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! Just about anything will make short of breath... from sitting in the waiting room, to turning over in bed, to singing in church... breathe! I've also been having Braxton Hicks contractions a lot lately. They tend to be worse when I am more active (which makes cleaning harder!). It just feels like my whole tummy gets tight for a little bit, and then goes away. They haven't been painful YET!

I am still working on my Thank You notes from all the wonderful presents that I got at my shower in February and have received since then. We are so thankful for each and everyone, I am just VERY slow at getting them finished! Please know that you will get a note though!














At my BR shower, I got money toward a glider from my MaMa, Uncle Willie, Aunt Fay, Aunt Sarah Lloyd and my PaPa. My co-workers did a special lunch shower for me last Thursday and gave me the rest of the money for my glider. I was able to get it on Saturday. It's wonderful! Very comfortable, and I KNOW we will spend LOTS of time in it when Addison arrives. I'll probably end up sleeping in it some too! Good thing it's VERY comfortable!


Well, I guess that's about all that's been happening, except for softball! I will post about that later!



























Here's a few fun pics of Scotty, Amanda and Katherine at Disney World!


4 comments:

Julie Garrett said...

It is so good to see your face (and your growing baby belly)! You look great! I remember those Braxton Hicks contractions...they would stop me in my tracks for a second. Crazy things! We are so glad that you are doing well (and that you got your glider...you will need it)! We love you all!

Stephanie said...

You look great! Glad you are doing well. Can't wait to see pics of that sweet girl. Won't be long...
Love ya'll!
Stephanie and Casey

Megan said...

Glad you are back to blogging Shelley! Just think of those BH contractions as your body warming up to push that baby out - exciting! You look so cute! Brace yourself because you haven't gotten to the really uncomfortable part yet! It's amazing how God prepares you for those middle of the night feedings by waking you for various reasons (going potty, turing over etc)in pregnancy. If you weren't used to waking up before the baby got here you might think she was pretty uncool for waking you up when she comes home. I think eventually you get so uncomfortable being pregnant that no matter how much you may have loved being pregnant you yearn for it to be over so you can meet your baby. I think that's also part of God's design for helping us bond with and love our babies. I wish you were closer so we could be there to walk with you through this exciting time.

Shanan & Shannon said...

You look beautiful and happy...despite your swollen feet! I understand the pain of uncomfortable feet and am so sorry you are experiencing the swolleness...at least you got some cute shoes out of it! Enjoy these last few weeks - they will fly by fast. The glidder will be your best friend - you will spend lots of time in it and I'm glad you are happy with it. We love you and can't wait to meet precious Addison. Perhaps we can meet in B'ham one weekend once she's here-:)