Chris and I chose to schedule a section and were given Thursday, May 1 at 7:30 a.m. That was the day we had picked out ourselves!!! So, the countdown was on!
His mom had come the day before, and my parents flew in on Wednesday evening... Of course we went to Olive Garden that night for my "last meal!" Later that evening, Mom, Dad, Mrs. LaJuan and I went to Jimmie's Diner for old fashioned ice cream sundaes too!
It was around midnight that Chris and I got in bed, and we had to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. Chris was up by 3 a.m. and had me up before 3:30 a.m. So, we got dressed and I made Chris take me to Wal Mart at 4:30 a.m. to get waterproof mascara! LOL!
We got to the hospital, checked in and made our way to antepartum to get prepped for surgery. I must say that I thought I'd be sitting for 2 hours and waiting, but we were busy almost the entire time getting ready, answering questions, getting iv's and such. Mom, Dad and Mrs. LaJuan were able to come in and see us before surgery.

Before surgery
Right around 7 a.m., my nurse came to get me and had me walk myself to the OR. Up until then, I'd been pretty calm. But walking myself into the OR, that was weird and that's when I started to get a little panicked. I was most nervous about getting the spinal block... I have a tendency to flinch when stuck with a needle, and I was really scared that's what I would do. To make it worse, the nurse kept telling me how bad it would be if I moved... that made me more nervous. Chris was in front of me, holding me and helping me to breathe. The first shot hurt... the one to numb the area. Didn't feel one thing when it came down to the actual spinal! So, next comes the fun part... I slid over on the table as my body starts going numb... it felt heavy and tingly at first! The nurse starts testing my feeling... that was weird. At first I could feel more, but the spinal eventually took full effect... so much so that I started to have an anxiety attack. I got really nauseous, felt HORRIBLE, and the feeling of not being able to move my lower half, all of that proved to be too much for me. Well, when you need to calm down, what do you do -- take deep breaths right? Wrong! that's what I wanted to do, but it was making me worse and they kept telling me to take shallow breaths! That was HARD!
So, I finally got calmed down, Chris was by my side and Dr. Lowden arrived in the OR. The Doctor and the resident marked my belly and the "sheet" was not up yet... I was starting to wonder if I was going to have to watch the whole thing -- bad thought for me! But, Don't worry, they then put up the divider sheet. Chris was able to stand up and see some, but my BIG belly was blocking most of his view of the action... but he and the anesthesiologist were telling me what to expect. I felt a lot of tugging and pushing, and they told me I'd feel A LOT of pressure just before they pulled her out. The anesthesiologist said to get ready... I felt tremendous pressure to the point that it was hard to breathe and then I heard a little cry! Chris said there she is! 7:49 a.m.! (Her Daddy called her time of birth!) It was the sweetest sound I have ever heard! They pulled her out and brought her around the curtain to show her to me... then it was off to the warmer to get cleaned up and checked out.
First Time MOMMY held Addison!
After the doctors closed me and finished, we were brought to recovery to bond with Addison. she was awake and alert and beautiful! She latched right on to breast feed and had her first bath too.
Daddy and Addy in the OR



2 comments:
Congratulations and Welcome Little Addison. We are thrilled you are here and know that we have been praying for you for years. We can't wait to meet you and hold you. Until then we'll watch you grow through pictures. With all our love, Marek's
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the world little one! I can't believe she is finally here and that this has happened!! After so many years, congratulations!!! I'm so very happy for you guys!! Love Talley
Post a Comment