Thursday, October 18, 2007

First Doctor Visit
Chris and I went to my first OB appointment today. It was scheduled for 9:00 a.m. We got there about 15 minutes early, turned in my paper work and had a seat to wait. Well, about 5 minutes after 9, the receptionist told all of Dr. Young's patients that she was leaving to deliver 3 babies. So, I had to reschedule.
My new appointment was made for 1:00 p.m., so I went to work and managed to get a few things done. Chris and I met back at the doctor's office and waited to meet the doctor. We finally got to meet her and we both liked her. She asked me all sorts of questions and did an exam. She said everything was just like it should be.
Then, she pulled out this box and held a magic wand (Doppler) to my belly and started searching for our baby's heartbeat! It took a few seconds to find it because the little tyke must be doing some serious swimming in there! She'd almost pick it up and then the baby would move!! We finally got a good listen. It was so neat. You could hear my slower heartbeat and a tiny faster heartbeat of the baby! It was about 160 bpm.
So, all is well! We go back to the doctor on Friday, November 16. : )

No comments: