Saturday, February 09, 2008

Showered With Lots of Love!

Last weekend, I flew home for my first-ever baby shower! Wow! I got to have a baby shower! It's still hard for me to believe! I left Wichita on Thursday, January 31, around 6:30 p.m. and got to Houston about 8:15 p.m. I had a long layover, and my cousin Kasey had just flown in as well. So he and I had dinner at Chili's in the Houston airport. While we were sitting there, he pulled out his laptop and I showed him the 3D DVD of Addison. Several people and servers around us commented on how neat the dvd was!

Me and Kasey in the airport.


Well, after dinner, Kasey and I went to check on my flight.... supposed to leave at 10:42 p.m. Well, the board now said 11:26 p.m.!!!! It was chaos in the airport... there had been bad snow and rain storms across the nation, so everything was backed up and delayed... Kasey hung out with me until I got on the plane at about 10:55 p.m. (Not too late right!!) Well, we did not take off until about 11:55 p.m. It's a 39 minute flight between Houston and BR... needless to say it was late when Dad and I got home at 1:30 a.m. from the airport! (Of course, I needed a snack then! King Cake! Yum!)



On Friday, Mrs. Darlene picked me up and took me to Nancy's house for lunch. Had a great time getting to catch up with them and watching Ava play! She's too cute!



Me and Nancy



After a LONG visit with Aunt Gwen that night, mom and I went home to get a little sleep for the next day!

My friend Julie Garrett drove from Hattiesburg to attend my shower! I was so excited to see her! We had a great time together, and now they know how to get to my parents house, so they can come visit next time we are there!



Me and Julie at my shower (2/2/2008)



Julie and I at her baby shower (3/12/2005)




I had such a wonderful time at my shower. I got to see lots of of my friends and family. Chris and I are greatful for these wonderful people who love us and have helped us to get ready for Addison's arrival. Here are some pics below....

This is the gown that I came home from the hospital in almost 30 years ago... Addison will wear the same gown home from the hospital very soon!



These wonderful ladies were my hostesses for the shower. I can't say thank you enough to them!
Here's me, Mom and Aunt Nola


This is me with some of Chris' family that were able to come... Kelly, Kaci, Aunt Pat and Aunt Marlene.



Nancy, Ava and me!


Mom, Me, Aunt Gwen and Kama


Me and MaMa

1 comment:

Julie Garrett said...

I had such a great time and would not have missed it for anything! You have such a sweet family, and we cannot wait to come back again for another visit to meet your sweet little girl! You are such wonderful friends, and we love you all! We will see you soon!