
BabyFood
So, I made my first batch of babyfood tonight! I never dreamed that I would make my own babyfood! I always imagined myself just buying the jars when the time came, and I am sure that I will still buy some of Addison's food, but I tried my hand at making some of it tonight. I found it to be rather easy and sorta fun! And, it's inexpensive to boot! So, why not?
Tonight, I made her butternut squash. You can see the pretty orange color that it came out as, and I must say, it was actually pretty good! I froze it in ice cube trays and will transfer it to marked freezer bags later this week.
Addison will most likely start "solids" in about one month around her 6 month birthday. I am thinking about trying her on cereal on her Daddy's 32nd bday! I am hoping to have a nice little stash built up by then. Next, I am going to try out carrots!
Check out this great website: www.wholesomebabyfood.com

3 comments:
Looks good; I'm proud of you !! I'll bet Addy will love it, especially because her mommy made it with love !
We did the same thing for Emilie. Everything she hate was homemade, even her cereal. Went organic, buying everything at Whole Foods in N.O. Austin on the other hand, he had nothing but jars...
Yes, it is easy! And inexpensive! It's nice to be able to pull out a few cubes for the day, thaw them, and you're done. It will give you the freedom to feed her whatever you want her to eat rather than whatever you can find in a jar. Addison is a lucky girl!
Post a Comment