
It's been a while....

OK, so I know it's been a while since I really posted, so I am gonna try to get my thoughts down here... Basically life is just BUSY!

I'll start with Addison...I can't believe that she is almost 11 months old! She is crawling and getting in to everything! She loves to help me put on my make up in the mornings.... when she sees my pink bag, she crawls over and takes everything out of it for me. She also likes to take all of the blocks out of her shape sorter and has just started being able to put them back in.


She is still a PICKY eater! I have dubbed her the "Fruititarian." She ONLY likes baby food fruit! No veggies, no finger foods or real food! She has, however, started to eat TownHouse Garlic and Herb toppers crackers... so, we find them all over the house when she gets them. She will also eat a chocolate animal cracker... sweet, go figure!

She finds playing in my pantry fun. She will pull out all the boxes and chip bags on the bottom and shake them until she finds one she can get something out of. She also takes all the zip lock bags out of the box and spreads them all over the floor.... then it's on to the next thing, leaving the mess for me and Chris to clean up.

My hair is Addison's security blankie. She must hold it if I am holding her, especially if she is nursing or falling asleep. But, when I pick her up or take her from someone, that's the first thing she grabs... my hair... so much for wearing a ponytail!!

Addison must be rocked to sleep, preferably by Mommy. She fights sleep every night. We nurse and then usually if she is not asleep after nursing, we rock until she is OUT... and i mean OUT! But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I treasure the times we spend together snuggling and rocking. I know this opportunity will only last a few years before she will be too big to rock.
We have a motor mouth on our hands! Addison jabbers all day long! "Dadada" is probably her most uttered word, which makes her Daddy quite proud. "Mamumum" is usually reserved for when she's upset or tired. We'll get "baba" on occasion and sometimes a wave with it.

She weighs 19.4 pounds now and is 27 3/4 inches long. She wears 9 months and 12 month clothing, size 2 to 3 shoe and still only has 2 bottom teeth. But, there are more coming soon.
About me... I have been SUPER busy lately! I am convinced that a baby is a full time endeavor and then add work and a few side-jobs I am attempting, leaves no time for much else!
I have been working from home for about a month now. I am at home with Addison on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Wednesdays and Thursdays, I go into the office to get printing and things done that i can not get done from home. So far, I am loving it. Things seem to be moving along well. I am getting used to balancing Addison and my work. Please pray with me when we evaluate this arrangement at the end of April that I will be able to continue!

Most of you know I have a passion for pictures. Well, I am trying to "get into the business!" I have been taking pictures of friends and of course Addison. I recently had my first "paying gig," and it turned out well. I have been mostly photographing babies, maternity and children.

I am planning to charge one rate that includes a 2 hour sitting at the location of your choice (your home, my home or a local park), editing of 15-20 images and a DVD with all of the images and a copyright release to be printed how you choose.

Another task I am attempting is invitation and announcement design. I have designed Addison's birth announcement, our Christmas card, two additional birth announcements and a few invitations.
Front of a 1st Birthday invite
As if that's not enough, I would also like to start making tutus for people.... So, between Addison, work, photos, invitations and tutus.... I've been busy.

And.... I'm a softball widow again! And let me tell you it's much harder this year with Chris gone and a little one! Softball season is in full swing. Hasn't been the best so far, but there is always room for improvement.

Addison and I have attended a few games, thus far. She really enjoys seeing her Daddy on the field! I tried to set up the pack n play with some toys.... yeah right! Now I just set her down on the bleachers and let her go.... we just get a bath when we get home! Ok, so.... I hope you enjoy some of the pictures and I will hopefully have many more soon!




Here's what Addison was doing today! She did this over and over and over!!


Have a great week everyone!
2 comments:
I love updates on my sweet baby girl ! The video is too funny ! Can't wait to see her in one month.
Love, MeMe
shelley, great pictures! I especially love the first one.
Post a Comment