Recently I decided to start cloth diapering Jared. I did it on a whim. I really don't know why I even wanted to! I have a few friends who used cloth and I thought they were crazy!
But, I saw a "deal" on Zulily for diapers and bought them on a whim... Then I started "researching" cloth diapers. After getting them and trying them out, I LOVE them!
My Mom and husband both think I am crazy, as well as others. My mom used cloth on me... but that was before disposable diapers. Our world has come to rely heavily on convienence. Fast food, microwaves, instant coffee, high speed internet, a plethera of "disposable" items. We all want to make life "easier." Yes, I hold a full-time job, have two kids, a husband and a home. I need things to make my life simpler. Dinner is a challenge each day after working and picking up kids. My house is rarely clean, and my 3 year old can make a mess faster than an act of nature.
So, WHY would i want to add cloth diapers to the mix of my busy life? I still don't have an answer for you, but now that I have, I really LOVE them AND it has made me more aware of what disposable diapers REALLY mean to the environment and my child's health. Now, I do still use disposable diapers. I have not given them up completely. I am just using LESS!
No comments:
Post a Comment