FIRSTS
Firsts are celebrated. They are milestones along the path of childhood, and sometimes into adulthood, that we want to mark and remember. On August 6, 2012, it was a day of FIRSTS for us! Addison started PreK at West End UMC Preschool and Jared started in the Toddler class there as well. I think the latter was a bit harder to swallow because it seems like it was just yesterday I was walking the halls of the preschool pregnant, and now he is here!
 |
First Day of PreK!
|
Chris and I took the kids that morning, Addison first to her new class. She's in a bigger class this year, close to 20 instead of the 10 children we are used to. BUT, there are more GIRLS in her class. Don't get me wrong, she has learned to hold her own with the boys, but she does love to play home living, and I remember her telling me the boys didn 't want to do that with her. Her teachers are Miss Nancy Cain, Miss Anne Clarke Pirkle and Irakli.

Jared wasn't sure what to think when we dropped him off, but set about quickly playing in the gym on the push and ride toys. He's in a group of 10 toddlers and is holding his own, even though he's the youngest of the crew. I am enjoying being able to sneak down during his nap just to look at him and see how his day is going. He still greets me with a smile when I pick him up, but promptly asks for his "Sissy!"
 |
| Snack on first day! |
 |
| Naptime on 1st Day |
 |
| Playing with trucks! |
 |
| Circle Time on Day 1 of PreK! |
God has truly blessed us with wonderful children, but also a wonderful place to bring them to school each day!
No comments:
Post a Comment