Addison's First Bottle
Daddy fed Addison her first bottle on Tuesday, June 3. It was exciting and so sad all at the same time. I managed not to cry though! We started off small because I was not sure how she would do, so I only put 1 ounce in the bottle... the difference between the bottle and me didn't phase her one bit! She drank it down like a champ! I will continue to breastfeed her, but she will get a bottle at her babysitters when I return to work in 3 weeks, so we are beginning to practice. (and it also will allow me a little more freedom if I want to do something sometimes!) But, I will not replace our nursing times for anything! They are SO special! (even at 2 a.m.)
Look at her eyes staring up at Daddy! And look at the smile on Daddy's face!
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I know how you feel Shelley. I didn't like it when my kids got their first bottles either - it was like they were growing up or something. It just seemed awkward to see someone else feeding them too. They are quite a lot of work too - all of the pumping, freezing, thawing, warming, pouring and all of those plastic bottle parts to clean. It is nice to have that backup though and definitely for work too. You are a precious Mama!
Post a Comment