Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Birmingham (Part 2)


On our recent trip to Bham, we got to spend some time with some really special friends from our Sunday School class at Hunter Street Baptist Church. During our four years in Birmingham, these people became our family away from home. We lived together (literally, the Ryles and I lived together in my apartment last summer), laughed together, cried together and supported each other through everything. These are friends who can't be replaced! They will always be in our hearts... and hopefully, one day closer geographically too!


On Saturday evening, we went Julie and Philip Ryle's new house for a fun night of food, friends and fun! Several friends were able to come and we played games until midnight... let's just say, Catch Phrase got pretty hairy toward the end!


Sunday morning, we got to attend church at Hunter Street and then our former Sunday School class. It felt just like home! After class, we had lunch at Moe's (Welcome to Moe's!) with everyone!


This was such a wonderful trip! It was definitely what we needed! We kept saying, "This still feels like home here, like we never left!"


On Sunday after lunch, we went to see Luann, my friend who is having triplets in November. I talk to Luann all the time, but it was so much fun to see her! She looks great! In this pic she's about 17 weeks pregnant. (L to R - Julie G., Luann, Shelley and Julie R.)


The guys had fun, just like it was old times! (L to R - Michael, Chris, Philip)


This is Megan and her daughter, Claire. Claire is just two weeks older than Katherine! Isn't she so cute!



Philip, Julie and Caleb


Here's Caleb G. on the left and Drew M. on the right. Drew is a year older than Caleb, but you can hardly tell! Drew and Caleb had fun playing together during our party!




Steph, Evan and Mary Elizabeth



Julie G., Julie R., Shelley, Stephanie and Carin




Caleb likes to feed Julie's poodles. Here's Ellie.




Me with Nikki and Baby Andrew




Ella bella! Ella LOVES Chris! She had so much fun playing with him! We met Nikki, Ella and Andrew for breakfast Monday morning before we left!

2 comments:

Julie Garrett said...

We had such a wonderful time seeing everyone! (I can't believe the pics of me and Caleb turned out so poorly. Caleb has a good excuse...he is two years old. I just look yucky! Oh, well! Maybe we will get some better ones next time!)

Sarah said...

Shelley, thanks for posting pics of Caleb! I love seeing him! It looks like y'all had a great time in Birmingham...I wish it was home again for me...I loved it there!