Wednesday, August 29, 2007



It's a miracle!




On Monday, August 27, 2007, I went to The Center for Reproductive Medicine to have a blood pregnancy test done. I had done a home pregnancy test the Friday night before that was negative, so I wasn't expecting much...




At 11:30 a.m. I got the call from Nurse Rachelle.... one that I thought I was used to getting... She started like normal," This is Rachelle from Dr. Tjaden's office, we got your test results back, and... " now I am used to hearing that it was negative but she said, "You are PREGNANT!"




I said,"What, are you serious?" Then I started to hyperventilate.... didn't hear a word she said. I had to ask her to repeat her instructions for me. I also asked her what my HCG level was, it was 53.




Barb, who I share and office with, was already up on her feet as I finished my phone call and we both celebrated and hugged. Mary Alice, Diane and Shari all heard and came to see and congratulate me.




I then said, I have to go find Chris... he was playing in a golf tournament with the Athletic Department. So, I headed to Tall Grass Country Club to hunt him down... well, when I got there, there was not a soul in sight! Then a worker came by on a golf cart and asked if he could help me. I said that I needed to find a golfer, so he took me to the pro shop to figure out where he was.




When I walked in the pro shop and told them what I needed, they figured out about where Chris should have been and one of the guys went to get a cart to take me there. He asked, "Is there an emergency?" I said, "No, I just found out I am pregnant." So he got the cart and drove me around the course looking for Chris.




We finally spotted him on the 4th green... we came flying up and Chris had a puzzled, "What are you doing here?" look on his face. He said he knew as soon as I jumped out of the cart and ran toward him with a smile. He ran, grabbed me and swung me around and round.... and we both just stood there holding each other in the middle of the course with our audience! The guys Chris was playing with were excited for us and totally understood when Chris didn't play the last four holes with them.


The guy, who's name I then learned Eddie, drove us back to our cars and told us congratulations! We then decided to go to Piztros for lunch... So, on the way there we started calling people... we tried his mom, but she didn't answer, then we called my mom on speaker phone, followed by my Dad and his Dad. At lunch, we were on the phones for almost the entire time, sharing our wonderful news!


After being away about two hours, I headed back to work... not that I was able to concentrate or get much done! I emailed my Connection Group and invited everyone to On The Border to celebrate with us! It is so wonderful to have friends here that were genuinely happy to celebrate with us!


Well, it's getting late, and I am getting tired. I 'll post more soon, but here are some pics my friend Risa took for me... Can you believe that I forgot my camera on an occasion like this????????

Our Connection Group -- L to R - Russ, Chris, Me, Beth, Jamie, Hannah,
Brady, Brandi, Ryan and Kara




Hannah Sharp




Risa (The Photographer!)

8 comments:

Julie and Philip said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Philip and I are so happy for you guys. We love you and can't wait to be Baby! we are praying for you!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley! I know we don't know each other, but your mom and I used to work together and she would keep us updated on the baby situation. We have kept you in our prayers and are so happy to hear that you and your hubby are expecting. CONGRATS!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you!!

Julie Garrett said...

Congratulations, Chris and Shelley! We cannot express how excited we are for you. You have been so patiently waiting on God, and He has been faithful to give you the desires of your heart. You are such a wonderful example to all of us. God is so good!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news and answer to our prayers ... in His perfect time!

Love you,
Brenda

Stephanie said...

Congrats!!! I know you are excited!! Rest and enjoy!!! Praise God!!
Stephanie

Unknown said...

Brian and I are so happy for you and Chris. You will still continue to be in our prayers. Congrats.