Friday, August 10, 2007

The Project
Before
In Progress

After

So, after my trip to Bham where I saw my friend Julie's scrapbook room and after seeing my friend Jennifer's new room on her blog, I decided, I wanted to have my own scrapbook area. So, one afternoon when I got off work early, I stopped by the Goodwill Store to see if there was a table or an old desk I could re-do. Well, I found this desk for $19.99! So, I promptly purchased the desk and went to get Chris and the truck so we could pick it up.

Well, little did I know, I unleashed a monster in my husband!!!! He spent an entire Saturday sanding the desk down. (Of course he got two new power tools! An orbital palm sander and a corner cat sander)

I helped when I could, but I got sick and couldn't do as much. I just helped him prime the desk to paint, and that hurt my wrist -- I had a bad reaction to a medication that led to severe joint and muscle pain and hives.

Anyway, Chris really had fun doing this, and now I have a great place to make memories!

1 comment:

Julie and Philip said...

Shelley, it looks awesome! What a transformation!